Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

50 Cent Injured in Car Crash With Mack Truck

By Andrew Lu | Last updated on

50 Cent was hurt in a car crash on New York's Long Island Expressway late last night. His SUV might be bullet-proof, but apparently it isn't Mack truck proof.

Curtis Jackson, better known as 50 Cent, was carted away from the accident scene on a stretcher with his head and neck immobilized in a brace. He was rushed to the nearest Queens hospital.

About 11:18 p.m. Monday, a Mack truck rear-ended the bullet-proof SUV that 50 Cent was traveling in so severely that it almost caused 50 Cent's SUV to flip over, reports the New York Post. The truck driver later told police that the load he was carrying shifted, causing him to lose control and ram into the SUV.

50 Cent suffered neck and back injuries, but he has already been released from the hospital and is said to be doing fine, reports the Post. His unidentified driver was also hospitalized.

As a result of the accident, the rapper may now find himself on the opposite end of a lawsuit. Accustomed to being sued, 50 Cent could possibly sue the truck driver for causing his injuries.

Driving a big rig requires special skill, and Mack truck drivers should know that the loads they carry may shift and can make the vehicle difficult to steer. If it's discovered that the truck driver was speeding, improperly trained, under the influence, or otherwise negligent at the time of the accident, 50 Cent may be able to sue the driver for damages.

50 Cent's car crash resulted in hospitalization for the popular rapper. As 50 Cent recovers, he may now want to consider whether a lawsuit is appropriate.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard