Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

B.G., Ex-Hot Boys Rapper, Gets 14 Years in Prison

By Andrew Lu | Last updated on

Life imitating art. Or art imitating life? Ex-Hot Boys rapper B.G. was sentenced to 14 years in prison for weapons possession and witness tampering charges.

Prosecutors also tried to link the former Cash Money rapper to two notorious local criminals. The link was allegedly provided by B.G. himself, in his own rap lyrics.

In 2009, the then-29-year-old rapper also known as Baby Gangsta was arrested along with two other men in a stolen car, reports Vibe. Police searched the vehicle and discovered three handguns and loaded magazines.

At the time, one of B.G.'s cohorts, Demounde Pollard, took the rap for the guns. But after realizing the stiff penalty he faced for the weapons charge, Pollard changed his tune and claimed that B.G., whose real name is Christopher Dorsey, forced him into the false confession, reports Vibe. As a result, B.G. was charged with the felony offense of witness tampering to go along with the weapons charge.

In prison, B.G. will have plenty of opportunity to pen some fresh rap lyrics. He should just be careful not to confess to any crimes or brag too hard about his "gangsta" conduct.

In their case against B.G., federal prosecutors introduced several of his rap videos where the rapper gave props to two alleged murderers who are well-known in New Orleans. It's not clear how this evidence was tied to the weapons and witness tampering charge. Most likely, it was just used to show B.G.'s poor character and his contributing to the "cycle of violence" in New Orleans.

In fact, the judge declined to give B.G. a harsher sentence because of the videos as prosecutors had requested, the local Times-Picayune reports. B.G. is appealing his prison sentence based partly on the argument that he should not be punished for his art.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard