Top 5 Celebrity Arrests of 2016
The year ain't over yet. Meaning that some A, B, or C-list stars could still make it on this countdown. (And let's be honest, we welcome D-listers as well.) But with time running out on 2016, we thought we'd take a moment and look back on the most notorious celeb busts of the year.
And considering the last 350-plus days have been known more for the tragic deaths of some of music, movies, and pop culture's most kindred souls, perhaps the celebrities below should feel fortunate they only went to jail, and not the great beyond.
1. Robin Williams Arrested With Tupac Holding 114 Pounds of Pot
No, not that Robin Williams. And no, not that Tupac, either, obviously. Still the thought of two legends getting caught with copious quantities of cannabis doesn't sound that far-fetched. Less likely is that they'd be cruising around the Arizona desert with the non-famous 22-year-old Erick Harris. Oh well.
2. What Is a 5150 Hold and What Does It Mean for Kanye?
Yeezy hasn't had the best year, at least when it comes to his mental health. And we're not sure whether that will improve after being photographed with a bleached mohawk with the President-elect at Trump tower. Hopefully Mr. West is getting the treatment and care he needs.
3. Shailene Woodley Arrested for Protesting Dakota Pipeline
The star of ABC's The Secret Life of the American Teenager as well as the burgeoning Divergent movie empire was one of many incarcerated during protests in North Dakota this fall. Journalists, local politicians, and even presidential candidate Jill Stein either had warrants issued for their arrest or were placed in cuffs during the protests.
4. American Pie Singer-Songwriter Arrested for Domestic Violence
Depending on your musical taste, Don McLean either gave you one of America's finest folk rock songs or the bane of any jukebox looking to move on to something good in the next six or seven minutes. And according to McLean's wife, he's guilty of domestic violence as well.
5. Backstreet Boy Nick Carter Arrested in Key West for Bar Fight
Who among us has not been dragged out of the Hog's Breath Saloon on battery charges? So let us not cast stones at boys, Backstreet or otherwise.
- NYPD Apologizes to James Blake for Mistaken, Forceful Arrest (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- Kidnapping, Aggravated Battery: Rick Ross Arrested ... Again (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- Diddy Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
- Update on Donald Trump's Many Lawsuits (FindLaw's Celebrity Justice)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.