Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Naked Boat Thief Tells Police, 'Taser Me, Bro'

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. | Last updated on

Darrel Horne was not made to be a criminal. An overgrown frat boy? Sure. But a criminal? He can't hold his liquor well enough for that.

Horne's drunken escapade in Volusia County, Fla. ended Friday after he was tased in the back of a police car. This was after he encouraged the Sheriff's deputy to "Taser me. Taser me, bro."

Mind you, he also stole a paddle-less row boat and dove naked into the lake.

Horne and friend Matthew Shrider instead used a piece of wood to paddle into the water. But police quickly caught up with the pair, ordering them back to shore.

That's when Darrel Horne decided to get naked, explains a statement from the Sheriff's Office. He stripped down, dove in and disappeared.

That is, until deputies found him communing with nature nearby.

Naked and sitting in the police car, Horne became irate. He started to kick Shrider, who yelled at him to stop. That's when the deputy got involved, according to the police report. He wielded a Taser and Horne dared him to use it.

He definitely didn't misquote the "Don't tase me, bro" guy -- he reportedly apologized and thanked deputies for tasering him once he sobered up.

Despite the show of remorse, Darrel Horne and Matthew Shrider have been charged with resisting an officer and grand theft. Paddle-less row boats are apparently quite pricey.

They've also been charged with armed burglary. In addition to finding a single beer can and a bottle of rum in the boat, there was an axe. What they intended to do with that axe is still unknown.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard