Top 5 Strangest Vehicles People Have Driven Drunk
When people talk about drunk driving the vehicle they're generally picturing is a car. But here at FindLaw we know that DUI is an equal-opportunity offense.
You can get a DUI for driving pretty much anything that can cause harm to others. It doesn't even need a motor.
In honor of all the pioneers who have tested DUI laws across this great country, it's time for a swerving and potentially hazardous trip down memory lane. Here the top five alternative vehicles that got busted for DUI.
- Lawn Mower. It's large, heavy, and has several rotating blades underneath it. Sure it goes slowly but if you're caught fishtailing on the side of the road in one, you're going to get busted.
- Golf Cart. Alright technically it's not built for roads but people can still drive golf carts on the pavement in some states. If you stole it and are also wearing a clown costume, people might notice. Even if you refuse the breathalyzer, police may still figure out your secret.
- Motorized Armchair. The real top-of-the-line loungers don't just let you relax at home. They let you go places while reclining. But not when you've been drinking. A Minnesota man found out the hard way that you have to keep this party at home.
- Zamboni. Nope, you don't even have to be on the road to get arrested for DUI. Let's say you drive the Zamboni around the ice in a zigzag pattern and forget to spray down the ice? People will notice that you aren't exactly sober.
- Horse and Buggy. This one may be our favorite. The image of a drunk Amish teen in a swaying buggy being pulled over is just too amusing. Lest you think this was a one-time event, it's happened before. That will make us think twice before hitching up the wagon without a designated driver.
Those are just a few of crazy vehicles that have been pulled over for DUI. The only question is: what's next?
- Wheelchair DUI: Man Caught Drunk on Stolen Motorized Chair (FindLaw's Legal Grounds)
- Intoxicated Woman Arrested in Golf Cart with Whiskey, Scarecrow (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
- Man Drinks Beer While Driving Through DUI Checkpoint (FindLaw's Legally Weird)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.