Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues
For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

Virginia Small Claims Courts

In Virginia, Virginia Code Sec. 16.1-122.1 holds that the small claims divisions of the general district courts hear disputes of $2,000 or less. The general district courts, themselves, hear disputes of $4,500 or less. Cases involving amounts between $4,500 and $15,000 may be heard by either the general district court or the circuit court.

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Find a Lawyer

More Options