Business Banking and Securities Forms
Maybe you are in the process of applying for a small business loan. Or perhaps you are looking to find out the value of an already existing business. Whatever your needs, why would you want to reinvent the wheel when FindLaw has everything you need for funding, initial public offerings (IPO), business valuation, small business loans, and mergers and acquisitions.
This article is a good place to start when you are seeking more information on business banking and securities forms. Ultimately, you will want to seek the advice of a lawyer to help you no matter where you are in the process.
- Checklist: Disclosure and the Internet - Dealing with Shareholders and Investors Lists steps that companies can take to reduce legal risks when disseminating company news online.
- Checklist - Steps to Planning an Effective Annual Meeting Offers strategies for planning an annual meeting.
- Sample Estimate of Start-Up Costs Offers a worksheet for estimating common business start-up costs.
- Questionnaire - How User-Friendly is My Annual Report? Lists questions to determine whether your annual report satisfies the interests of analysts and shareholders.
- Real-Life Finance Agreements Features credit agreements, debt-equity exchange agreements, indentures, loan agreements and more. From FindLaw's Business Contracts.
Initial Public Offerings
- Due Diligence Checklist - Going Public Lists documents and information you will have to produce to the underwriter and legal counsel in its due diligence investigation.
- Going Public Questionnaire - Confidential IPO Information Lists information your securities lawyer will need during your first substantive meeting.
- Questions to Answer Before Beginning the Valuation Process Lists questions a business will likely be asked during an appraisal.
- Reading a Balance Sheet Provides a sample balance sheet with definitions and descriptions of key elements.
Small Business Loans
- Checklist - Information and Documents to be Included in a Loan Package Lists information and documents needed for a loan package if you decide to seek debt financing for your business venture.
- Financing a Business - Intake Form Lists information that you should be ready to provide to your finance officer or bank.
- Sample Business Balance Sheet Lists information generally included in a business balance sheet.
- Sample Operating Budget Tracks common expenses and overhead costs associated
- Sample Personal Financial Statement When preparing to start a business.
- Sample Profit and Loss Statement Contains information generally tracked in a profit and loss statement, which will help your lender evaluate your loan application.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Being Acquired Checklist - Due Diligence Lists information and documents that a potential acquirer will want to review.
- Checklist - Completing an Asset Sale--A Sample Closing Lists documents and other items needed for the sale of a business when real estate is not being transferred.
- Merging with Another Business - Questions to Ask Prospective Intermediaries Lists questions to help determine whether an intermediary is qualified to represent you in a merger.
- Sample Broker Listing Agreement - Sale of Business
- Sample Representations and Warranties Lists common representations and warranties that an acquirer will normally request from a company it intends to acquire.
Find a Legal Expert
Having a legal expert on your side will not only put your mind at ease, it will help ensure that you are complying with legal regulations. Consider contacting an experienced business and commercial law attorney in your area today.
For more information, see FindLaw's Business Finance section.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.