Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Fort Lauderdale Courthouses

Last updated: September 27, 2013

Fort Lauderdale is just one city out of many in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. The 17th Circuit covers all of Broward County and only Broward County. These are the state trial courts that hear most civil cases, criminal felony cases, and appeals from Broward County Court.

The Broward County Court is located in Ft. Lauderdale’s Judicial Complex, which also hosts the main courthouse for the 17th Judicial Circuit Court. The county courts hear civil, criminal misdemeanor, and traffic cases. For more information on the Broward County Court, visit the Clerk of the Courts website. The site identifies frequently asked questions on a wide range of topics including: jury service, citations, parking/code enforcement, marriages and other licenses, forms, and records. Fort Lauderdale also has a federal building and courthouse nearby.

State Courts (17th Judicial Circuit)

Federal Courthouse

  • U.S. Federal Building and Courthouse

    299 East Broward Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale,
    FL 33301

    Tel: (954) 769-5400

    The court’s website provides a map, directions, and parking information. The parking information is directed primarily at jurors, but there is information about parking structures for non-jurors, as well.

    Inclement Weather

    In the event of a hurricane, tropical storm, or other hazardous weather, the courts will be closed. The official policy is: If Broward County schools are closed, the courts will be closed. For school closure information see the following resources:

    • Broward County Schools online:
    • Twitter: @Browardschools
    • Facebook:
Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options