Frequently Requested IRS Publications
The Internal Revenue Service produces a wide range of publications to inform tax payers about the intricacies of the filing system. Whether you have questions about the tax consequences of divorce or how the Earned Income Credit works, you can find answers in the IRS’s publications. Below, you’ll find links to some of the most frequently requested publications.
- Publication 1: Your Rights as a Taxpayer
- Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax
- Publication 54: Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
- Publication 501: Exemptions, Standard Deductions, and Filing Information
- Publication 504: Divorced or Separated Individuals
- Publication 505: Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax
- Publication 509: Tax Calendars for 2007
- Publication 519: U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens
- Publication 521: Moving Expenses (see also Form 3903)
- Publication 523: Selling Your Home
- Publication 525: Taxable and Nontaxable Income
- Publication 530: Tax Information for First-Time Homeowners
- Publication 555: Community Property
- Publication 596: Earned Income Credit
- Publication 950: Introduction to Estate and Gift Taxes
- Publication 972: Child Tax Credit
- Publication 1915: Understanding Your IRS Individual Taxpayer ID Number
- Publication 4492: Information for Taxpayers Affected by Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma
More: Search IRS Publications by Publication Number.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.