Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Hiring a Tax Attorney

From tax questions before you file this year's return, to legal issues that can arise if you haven't filed your taxes in some time, if you have a legal concern related to taxes and would like to learn more about your rights and your options, one of the first steps you should take is to contact an experienced Tax Attorney in your area. There are few legal topics more complex than tax law, and many potential tax-related problems -- including tax penalties, audits, and tax fraud charges -- can be intimidating and can bring serious financial consequences. Whatever your tax-related legal issue, having an experienced attorney on your side can help ensure that your personal and financial interests are protected to the fullest extent possible.

How a Tax Attorney Can Help

At your first meeting, your attorney will gather facts and information from you, evaluate all aspects of your tax issue with you, identify your options, and explain what you can expect. If your tax issue requires that your attorney represent you in dealings with the IRS or in tax court, at every stage of your case your attorney will represent you zealously -- by gathering all necessary documents and evidence related to your tax issue, researching all pertinent issues, and working with tax agency officials -- all with the goal of protecting your legal rights and financial concerns, and ensuring the most favorable outcome for your situation.

Finding an Experienced Tax Attorney

To find an attorney or law firm to help you with your tax issue, go to the "Find a Lawyer" box below. You can also search for an experienced Tax Attorney near you by using the FindLaw Lawyer Directory.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Next Steps

Contact a qualified tax attorney to help you navigate your federal and/or state tax issues.

Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options