There are several different categories of employment-based visas that accommodate foreign nationals recognized as having extraordinary ability, multinational executives and others whose employment or presence in the U.S. is considered beneficial. This section includes information about employment visa eligibility, how to apply for an employment-based visa, petitioning for family members and related topics.
- Employment-Based Visas: Overview - Basics of immigrant and nonimmigrant visas based on employment.
- Employment-Based Green Card Eligibility - Employment-based permanent residence eligibility, by category.
- Employment Visa FAQs - Answers to frequently asked questions about employment-based visas.
- How to Apply for Immigrant Status Based on Employment - Information about obtaining employment-based immigrant status.
- Visa Petitions for Family or Employment Green Cards - Brief primer on the visa petition process for a green card.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified immigration attorney to help you with visa procedures.