Get Legal Help With an Accident or Injury
Anyone who has been through an accident or injury knows that it can be a traumatic experience. No matter what kind of injury has affected you, you have the right to seek fair compensation from the party who is legally at fault for what happened. Examples of negligent parties that could be at fault include:
- Private citizens
- Insurance companies
- Large corporations
- Government agencies
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you are an accident victim who has suffered a serious injury because of someone else's carelessness, you may want to get legal help from an experienced personal injury attorney. Here's how a legal professional can help:
- They will explain your rights: Many legal teams offer free case evaluations. There, they will go over your legal rights. An experienced attorney can give you legal advice. They'll tell you what you can expect at every step of your personal injury case.
- No upfront cost for legal representation: Many attorneys take car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you are injured in a car crash, your car accident attorney will only get paid if you win your case.
- Estimating damages: After a motor vehicle accident, an attorney can calculate the full amount you are owed. An attorney will consider your damages, such as medical bills and any property damage when putting together your car accident claim.
- They will take action on your behalf: By researching the law, interviewing witnesses, collecting records, reviewing the evidence, conferring with expert consultants, and negotiating with insurers and opposing counsel, an experienced lawyer can advocate for the maximum compensation you deserve as a result of any injury.
Knowledge of Accident and Injury Laws
Given a personal injury attorney's expertise, they can be valuable. With a highly developed set of skills and an in-depth knowledge of the laws in your state related to personal injuries, attorneys can help you in ways you likely wouldn't be able to help yourself. Sure, you can look up the personal injury laws in your state, but a personal injury attorney can help you interpret and apply those laws to your particular case.
For example, an auto accident attorney will be familiar with the statute of limitations in your state. This is the time frame you have to hold the at-fault driver accountable for your medical expenses and car accident injuries. The statute of limitations varies for different types of claims, and the statute for wrongful death might be longer or shorter than a personal injury lawsuit for a motorcycle accident. If you miss this deadline, you might lose your chance for a fair settlement.
For this reason and others, it is advisable for motorists to hire a lawyer who specializes in personal injury claims and has extensive experience representing injured persons.
When To Hire an Accident and Injury Attorney
Here are some circumstances in which you should consider hiring personal injury lawyers to protect your rights:
- If the other party's lawyer contacts you to offer a settlement agreement
- If you have to deal with an auto insurance company, as negotiating with insurance companies can be difficult, and personal injury attorneys are skilled at negotiating with them
- If you have injuries that may require surgery or long-term medical attention
- If you have injuries that cause some permanent impairment, such as a brain or head injury
- If your injuries have caused you to miss significant time from work or school
- If you are unable to walk, dress yourself, feed yourself, or handle other personal activities
Get Help From a Car Accident Lawyer
As you can see, injury liability matters can be quite complex, and you'll benefit from the experience of a seasoned personal injury lawyer. Many injury attorneys provide free initial consultations, and some also don't charge for their services until you collect your damages and have won your case. Find an experienced injury law attorney near you.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.