Food Poisoning in the News
Click on the links below for detailed information about specific cases of food poisoning (or "foodborne illness") in the news.
- Peanut Butter Linked to Salmonella Outbreak - Information and links from FindLaw's Common Law Blog. (January 2009)
- Raw Tomatoes Linked to Salmonellosis Infection - From FindLaw's Common Law Blog, includes links to updated information from federal health agencies. (June 2008)
- Pet Foods Manufactured by Menu Foods, Inc. - Dog and cat food contaminated with rat poison (aminopterin). (March 2007)
- Oscar Mayer Chicken Breast Strips - Listeriosis risk associated with Oscar Mayer chicken breast strips (February 2007).
- Earth's Best Baby Food - Botulism contamination risk linked to certain jars of baby food (February 2007).
- Peter Pan / Great Value Peanut Butter - Salmonella contamination risk in certain jars of Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter (February 2007).
- Wild Kitty Cat Food - Salmonella found in cat food (February 2007).
- Jamba Juice Strawberries - Strawberries contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes linked to Jamba Juice smoothies (December 2006).
- Taco Bell and e. Coli - An e. Coli outbreak linked to Taco Bell restaurants in the Northeast (November 2006).
- Spinach and e. Coli - Spinach contaminated with e. Coli, from farms in central California (September 2006).
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified product liability attorney to make sure your rights are protected.