Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Harry Potter Actor Jamie Waylett Caught with Homemade Bomb

By Cynthia Hsu, Esq. | Last updated on

Guess which Harry Potter actor was caught with a bomb? If you guessed the guy who plays Vincert Crabbe: "Jamie Waylett," you'd be right.

Though, most Potter fans likely won't recognize Waylett's real name. The 22-year-old actor played Vincent Crabbe, the bully sidekick to Draco Malfoy.

Perhaps Waylett is just trying to live up to his character's reputation.

He was arrested and charged this week for possessing a homemade petrol bomb. The charges stem from his participation in the London riots earlier in August.

In fact, Waylett was also charged with several other riot-related offenses: receiving stolen goods and violent disorder.

Sounds like a true Slytherin, doesn't it?

Unfortunately for the faux Hogwarts student, the penalties he'll be facing will probably be much stiffer than detention.

Especially because upon his arrest officers also found about 15 cannabis plants on his property.

The actor is expected to make an appearance in court on November 11. He's been freed on bail on the condition that he lives with his mother and sticks to a curfew.

And he'll be in good company. Waylett wasn't the only London rioter to get arrested. Police say they've made about 3,000 arrests over the violence in the past few months, according to the Daily Mail.

This isn't Jamie Waylett's first brush with the law. In 2009, he was arrested for growing marijuana and was sentenced to 120 hours of community service. He may just be facing jail time this round. It seems likely that the Harry Potter actor's bomb possession charge will carry stiffer penalties.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard