Usher Bling Burglarized in $1M Car Break-In
R&B Singer Usher Raymond is catching a lot of flak these days as he reportedly was a victim of a one million dollar car break-in.
Who keeps a million dollars worth of bling in their SUV?
Police say the items that were stolen from the singer's black GMC Yukon include two rings, three necklaces, five watches and six bracelets, the value of the jewelry being over $1 million.
According to Fox Atlanta, police said jewelry and electronics were stolen. His vehicle was broken into when the singer and one of his friends were in the AT&T store.
Raymond claimed there was over a million dollars worth of jewelry, $50,000 in furs and clothing and about $20,000 stolen from the car break-in.
Authorities said the singer also was particularly concerned about two laptops that were stolen because they contained a few never-before-heard tunes that he's been working on.
Police said the list of stolen goods include:
The list included:
- Jewelry bag containing five watches, three necklaces, two rings and six bracelets, $1 million.
- Assorted clothing and furs, $50,000
- Bottega Veneta duffel bag, $4,000
- Two Mac Powerbook computers, $3,000 and $2,000
- Two Louis Vuitton bags, two Sony cameras and two Flip video cameras.
According to the police report, the R&B star was patronizing a nearby AT&T store when a burgundy Chevy Impala with tinted windows pulled up next to his GMC Yukon.
A man in his early twenties got out of the Impala, broke open one of the Yukon's doors and made off with the goods, a witness told police.
Burglary is typically defined as the unlawful entry into almost any structure (not just a home or business) with the intent to commit any crime inside (not just theft/larceny). No physical breaking and entering is required; the offender may simply trespass through an open door. Unlike robbery, which involves use of force or fear to obtain another person's property, there is usually no victim present during a burglary.
The incident is still under investigation. No arrests have been made.
- Usher loses $1m in quick stop bling sting (News.com.au)
- Usher's Yukon Gold Plundered By Thieves (E! Online blog)
- Singer Usher hit for $1M plus in Lennox Car Break-in (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Criminal Law - The Basics - Criminal Law (FindLaw.com)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.