Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Studying takes on a whole new meaning in law school. And no matter how ideal a single study spot can be, sooner or later you may feel a little stir crazy hunkering down in the same place day after day.
So, where are the study hotspots for law students? Here are a few conventional picks, a few more creative ones, and some that were just out of left field.
1. Law school library. It's close, it's convenient, and hey you can scope out the competition.
2. Coffee shop. Where one shot of espresso is never quite enough.
3. Undergrad library. When you need a break from the law school scene, re-live the days you thought you knew what studying was all about.
4. Bookstore. Holiday music during finals time, you've been warned.
5. Public library. And if you get there early enough, you can even catch afternoon story time.
6. At home. Pink bunny slippers and Chinese take-out welcome.
7. Library of another law school. Beat test anxiety by psyching out another law school's competition instead of your own.
8. In the car. You know, your mobile office.
9. On the basketball court. Instead of playing "horse", each missed shot gets another element of a common law crime.
10. At a park. The birds, the bees, and a little federal tax. sounds about right.
11. All-you-can-eat buffet. Food and food for thought, unlimited.
12. Airport. The excitement of coming and going. and your rolley bag will fit right in.
13. Business school library. Someone should use it.
14. During your morning jog. Audio books on Civ Pro and the sunrise. That's got to violate some municipal code, but hey.
15. In court. For inspiration, or because you have been summoned to appear...
16. On a date. Nothing says romance like explaining the complexities of establishing personal jurisdiction.
17. At a family reunion. When Grandpa Joe tells you about walking to school, uphill, in the snow, barefoot, consider the torts that might apply.
18. In your sleep. Where much of the world's best studying gets done.
19. Laundromat. Make the most of being captive audience to the spin cycle.
20. Museum. At least you know you can expect a little quiet.
21. At a party. Because you know jokes about widgets, contract formation, and the UCC will show off your wild side.
Studying can be tedious and time-consuming but by finding some new places to
get your reading on, you may find the study process not only tolerable, but maybe even mildly enjoyable.