Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Parents of 'Hitler' Have 4th Child Removed

By Cynthia Hsu, Esq. on November 22, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

New Jersey couple Heath and Deborah Campbell made headlines when they gave their three children Nazi-inspired names, including one son that they named "Adolf Hitler." The state had their three children removed two years ago.

The other two children bore names like JoceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell. They have remained in foster care.

Their fourth son, named Hons Campbell, was removed last Thursday at Hunterdon Medical Center after Deborah Campbell gave birth. She says that her physician called the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services who arrived to take custody of the child.

The Campbells were in court on Monday. They sought to regain custody of their week-old infant. The hearing was closed to the public, but Heath Campbell spoke to the press after the court proceedings and indicated that they were still unable to see their baby.

The Division of Youth and Family Services looks into complaints of child abuse and neglect. They may remove children from homes that they determine to be unsafe. In these cases, children will often be put into foster care. If family court determines that the child cannot be returned home safely, they may consider putting the child up for permanent adoption.

Court documents indicate that the agency was concerned with previous violence in the Campbells' home, which is why they decided to remove their children, according to The Express-Times. The removal wasn't because of their names.

For now, it will be up to the court to decide whether or not to grant Heath and Deborah Campbell custody of their fourth child. But if the couple's other children were removed for their safety, it's possible that baby Hons was removed for similar reasons.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard