Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

#USImmigrationLaw: How Do I Fill Out Form G-325A?

By Christopher Coble, Esq. on August 15, 2016 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

The Permanent Resident Card or green card process can seem overwhelming -- the qualification, the documentation, and, of course, the forms you'll need to fill out. One of those forms is the G-325A, Biographic Information form, which seeks background information on the applicant like family names and former residences and places of employment.

While much of the G-325A is self-explanatory, there can be sections and questions that are daunting or just confusing. Here's what you need to know about filling out a form G-325A.

The Easy Parts

The first few question blocks on the G-325A are merely asking for the applicant's name, date of birth, and country of birth, along with the same information for the applicant's parents. You will also need to fill in information for the applicant's spouse, as well as names, dates of birth, and marriage details for any former spouses.

Be careful when filling in the section on former spouses, especially if your green card application is based on marriage. Immigration authorities will need to ensure that any and all previous marriages have been legally terminated. They will also look for any patterns that could indicate possible marriage fraud in this application.

The Harder Parts

Every detail in the next few question blocks may be tougher. The G-325A will ask about the applicant's last five years of residency and his or her last five years of employment. Recalling every house number, zip code, or the month you started a job three years ago can prove difficult, but do your best.

Be careful how you answer these sections -- the form wants your most recent residence or job at the top, and the work in reverse chronological order. And while you can write in "unknown" if you can't remember a detail, too many of these on your application could cause the application to be returned.

The Lawyer's Part

If you are wondering about the Form G-325a or any other form relevant to getting a green card, you may want to speak to an experienced lawyer. Many immigration attorneys will be happy to assess your case for free or a minimal fee.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard