Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Accused Wife Beater Says Ghost Punched, Strangled his Wife

By Cynthia Hsu, Esq. on January 24, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Wisconsin man Michael F. West claims that a ghost beat his wife.

Unfortunately for West, "a ghost did it" just isn't credible. It has the same amount of believability as "the dog ate my homework."

In reality, West is the one who allegedly strangled his wife twice. He also reportedly punched her several times in the face when she tried to get to the phone.

The altercation started after an argument. West blamed his wife for their home's foreclosure, according to the complaint. She became upset. She pointed out that she worked, while West stayed at home -- and on the couch.

West became angry, reports The Northwestern. His wife also said she threatened him.

Domestic violence can take on different forms. Physical abuse is what most Americans are familiar with. But individuals can also suffer emotional trauma, sexual abuse, economic abuse, or threats. Stalking is also a sign of abuse.

Officers arrived on the scene to find his wife bloodied and crying. West first told police that his wife fell down some stairs.

He then claimed that "a ghost did it." Let's pause for a moment and consider why the police didn't believe him. Oh, right. It's probably because it's completely implausible.

That, and West was intoxicated at the time. Drunken individuals don't often utter believable stories.

Michael F. West was arrested and detained. He faces charges of strangulation and misdemeanor battery. The 41-year-old is currently being held on a $1,000 bail. The man who claimed that a ghost beat his wife has a preliminary hearing on January 27, according to The Northwestern.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard