Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Police Find Burglar Locked in Storage Unit

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. | Last updated on

If you're going to live the life of a burglar, you're going to need to spend some time planning your escape routes.

After all, you can't rob someone if you can't actually take anything off the property, right?

Burglar Ronald Dennis of St. Joseph, Missouri never learned this lesson. Trying to rob a storage unit over the weekend, he found himself locked inside.

For a burglar, storage units are ripe for the picking. They're often outside, secured with cheap locks, and rarely have any visitors. Ronald Dennis knew that the Mini-Warehouse would be a perfect place for his next heist.

Early Sunday morning, a security guard at the storage facility noticed that a door was ajar, reports Reuters. Unable to open it any further, he closed and then locked it.

At some point later, the guard heard noise coming from the unit, and immediately called St. Joseph police.

When officers arrived, they found Ronald Dennis locked inside the storage space, which he was attempting to rob. Clearly to a burglar, storage units are a bit more of a problem than they first let on.

Dennis was taken into custody, and despite not being charged, Reuters reports that he is currently being held on a warrant issued for a prior probation violation. This will surely add to Ronald Dennis' punishment.

When asked about the burglar storage unit "situation", the local Police Captain told Reuters that "it was kind of like an early Christmas present."

Isn't it a bit too early in the year to be identifying Christmas presents?

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard