Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

TX Woman Stabbed Husband Over Either Facebook Post or PCP?

By Deanne Katz, Esq. on July 24, 2012 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Rhonda Washington's husband says she stabbed him over a Facebook dispute. She says the stabbing was an accident that happened while they were arguing over drug use.

Both agree that the incident took place in the evening but the similarities end there.

Washington says her husband was high on PCP and while the couple was fighting she accidentally stabbed him with her keys. He says that she got upset over his Facebook page and then started chasing him with a knife which she then stabbed him with.

He said, she said. So who are the police to believe?

So far police have arrested Washington and she's been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

She said her husband was high at the time of the incident but police say he didn't appear to be intoxicated, according to KWTX.

There's also the issue of the stab wound. Keys would likely make a very different incision than a knife. Information on the shape and depth of the wound could be used as evidence to confirm one story or another.

The deadly weapon is presumably the knife since that is what the victim alleges was used. It's unclear whether the charge would stand if Washington is found to have used keys.

A deadly weapon is something that when used as a weapon could cause death or serious bodily injury. Keys may not meet that standard depending on what a jury feels is the potential for damage.

Whether because of Facebook or PCP, stabbing your spouse is generally frowned upon. Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon is a felony charge and the punishment upon conviction is up to 20 years in prison.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard