Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Wife Tried to Cut Husband's Head Off with Power Saw?

By Cynthia Hsu, Esq. on October 19, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Hell hath no fury like.. a woman with a power tool? It seems a Washington woman was arrested for trying to cut her husband's head off with a power saw.

The husband was sleeping at the time and woke up in the darkened room to the sounds of the power tool. A frightening scenario, considering a chainsaw to the neck isn't the most gentle of wake-up calls.

It was only after he flipped on the lights that he saw it was his wife with the saw, the New York Daily News reports.

Imagine if you were in his night slippers for a second. What would you do? Jerking your head seems to be an unwise decision. Sure, it's instinctual, but think about how close the saw must have been to his neck.

Luckily, the husband escaped alive with some cuts to his neck and shoulder.

The wife told police that she had the tool because she was chasing an intruder. She said an unknown person had just run out of the house using the window in her daughter's room.

Unfortunately, her story didn't exactly add up. Investigators quickly figured out that there's a child lock on the window in her daughter's room. The window can't open more than few inches.

And, yes, a man can be a victim of domestic violence, too. In this case, it seems that it might be prudent for the husband to get a restraining order.

The wife has been charged with first-degree domestic assault. Her bail is set at $250,000. If the alleged facts are true - that she tried to cut her husband's head off - it's likely she'll be facing a stiff jail sentence.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard