Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Woman Strikes Cop in Forehead with Pink Sex Toy

By Edward Tan, JD on April 26, 2012 6:02 AM

No one likes to be on the receiving end of a police investigation, but sometimes you just have to learn to take your lumps. Take the New York woman who decided to strike a cop with a pink sex toy after officers responded to a domestic disturbance complaint.

Officer Jonathan Pitts was escorting Lisa Anderson, 47, out of her friend's home when she threw the unfortunate projectile at Pitts' forehead. Anderson was then swiftly arrested. The sex device was "approximately 12 inches in length," according to the police report. The friend had called officers to have Anderson removed.

So what kind of punishment could Anderson be facing for her antics?

She was charged with second-degree harassment. While it might sound like a thinly-veiled attempt by an angry cop to press criminal charges against an annoying suspect, the law is real.

Aggravated harassment occurs when a person intentional annoys, threatens, or harasses another person. The actions prohibited under the law are pretty broad. They include making prank phone calls, sending phony letters, and making any unwanted physical contact with another person.

So tossing a foot-long sex toy at a cop probably falls under the statute.

Second-degree harassment is a class A misdemeanor in New York. If convicted, Anderson could get up to one year in jail. Courts are also allowed to take a person's lack of criminal history into account during sentencing. Meaning if Anderson's record is clean, she might get off with a lighter sentence.

So what prompted the woman to strike a cop with a pink sex toy? The police report doesn't say. However, Anderson was apparently drunk at the time.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard