5 Reasons to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Getting compensation for injured workers is supposed to be relatively easy. Theoretically you can apply without an attorney and succeed in your claim. But in practice workers' compensation is like any government program, complicated and not super clear.
If you feel you need guidance, you are not alone. Many people need help navigating the system, and getting expert help from the start can prevent problems down the line. Here are five reasons to hire a workers' compensation attorney.
5 Reasons to Hire a Lawyer:
- Talk Is Cheap: Many attorneys consult for free or a low fee. That means you can make an appointment to sit down with an expert and not worry about what it might cost you. Instead, just focus on what counsel is saying and getting useful information to help with your claim.
- Prevent a Denial: Although you can certainly appeal a claim denial, it's always easiest when you get things right the first time. To have your claim approved you must submit documentation and fill out certain forms, meeting deadlines and responding to requests in a timely fashion. Having an expert administrator in charge of your case, helps to ensure your claim goes smoothly.
- Stress Prevention: You are already experiencing medical difficulties and stress can certainly exacerbate physical illness. Managing your claim may take a toll on you that you could offload to an attorney.
- Form Hell: If you do your taxes yourself then you may be familiar with form hell. This is when you try desperately to understand the seemingly simple statements on your form but cannot because they are actually deceptively complicated. Like tax forms, workers' compensation claim forms use the language of government and administration, which is not always clear, to say the least.
- Claim Expertise: Your workers' compensation attorney knows a lot about claims generally, and that is good. It means that you can answer questions quickly and with relative ease, focusing on providing what the authorities need rather than spending all your time trying to figure that out. But in addition to this, should your claim be delayed or denied, you will already have an expert on your side, someone who knows how to handle requests for more evidence or objections to your claim.
Consult With Counsel
If you are applying for workers' compensation now or have had a claim denied, speak to a lawyer soon. Do not delay. Get help navigating your claim today.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.