Recall: Kroger Stores' Chicken Wings Contain Undeclared Allergens
Over 600,000 pounds of frozen "Buffalo Style Chicken Wings" sold at Kroger stores nationwide are being recalled, because the food may contain undeclared ingredients like milk, soy, and wheat. The recalled chicken products pose an obvious health risk to consumers who need to avoid those ingredients because of food allergies, although no related illnesses have been reported so far.
The recalled "Buffalo Style Chicken Wings" are produced by Pilgrim's Pride Corp. (based in Mt. Pleasant, Texas) and sold at Kroger stores nationwide in 2-pound (32-ounce) bags. Check out this product label photo to see what the packaging looks like.
Here are more details on what to look for in spotting the recalled chicken wings, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS), which announced the recall on Wednesday:
- An embossed establishment number "P7091A," "P73477" or "P13485A" near the zip seal on the packages.
- "Best By" date of "JUL 25, 2009" through "JUN 8, 2010".
- UPC code "0 11110 97158 6"
- Julian dates of "8207" to "9159".
The recalled "Buffalo Style Chicken Wings" were sold at Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. According to the Associated Press, the wings were also sold at Food 4 Less, King Soopers, Smith's, Jay C, Fry's and Dillons.
- Texas Firm Recalls Frozen Poultry Products Due to Undeclared Allergens(FSIS)
- AP: Kroger Recalls Store Brand Wings in 2-Pound Bags
- Current Food Recalls and Alerts (FSIS)
- Injuries from Dangerous and Defective Products (provided by Albert Buzzetti & Associates, L.L.C.)
- Food Safety Education for Consumers (FSIS)
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury Law (provided by Greaney Law Firm)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.