Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Government Stimulus Project Contracts: Step 1- Central Contractor Registration

By Caleb Groos | Last updated on

With stimulus money starting to flow for a wide variety of "shovel-ready" government projects, many small businesses want to know how they can take advantage of forthcoming opportunities. One good way to start: Central Contractor Registration (CCR).

Businesses must be registered in CCR to bid on the vast majority of federal contracts. Registering through CCR also allows a business to provide its information to a central federal database accessible to a multitude of government agencies.

To register in CCR, a business must have a Federal Tax Identification Number and a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number. DUNS numbers are provided by Dun & Bradstreet and can be obtained online, or by calling 1-866-705-5711.

Here is what you'll need to get a DUNS number if your business doesn't already have one:

  • Legal Name
  • Name and headquarters address for your organization
  • Doing business as (dba), or other names by which your business is commonly known
  • Physical address
  • Mailing address (if different from Headquarters and physical address)
  • Telephone number
  • Contact name and title
  • Number of employees at your physical location
As for resources to help identify and win government contracts once your business is registered with CCR, the Wall Street Journal's Independent Street recommends the annual OSDBU Procurement Conference (which concentrates on government contracting), the site (which lists federal contracting opportunities over $25,000) and the nationwide network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.

Was this helpful?

Response sent, thank you

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard