Top 5 Reasons Small Businesses Must Go Mobile
There's a lot of money to be made via mobile devices, and small businesses need to embrace the trend to remain competitive.
Owning and operating a small business is extremely difficult, and the failure rate is very high. But by embracing the mobile-technology trend, you can increase your company's chances for success.
Here are the Top 5 reasons your company must go mobile:
- Mobile marketing pays off, much moreso than print advertising. Studies show that digital marketing offers the highest rate of return for businesses, reports Forbes. Yet many small business owners are still relying on print ads and direct mail. Digital ads tend to be much cheaper than print ads in a newspaper or magazine. And the beauty of digital ads is that they can target users who actually are interested in your product. For example, major search engines like Google target specific users for your ads based on their search history.
- Customers really want apps. More and more business is being conducted on mobile devices like phones and tablets. You not only need to make your current website mobile-friendly, but you need apps that will allow your consumers to directly shop at your company. In fact, the use of apps is skyrocketing, while visits to mobile websites have stalled, Business Insider recently reported.
- Mobile is not just a fad. Mobile use is growing 14 times faster than desktop computer use. In fact, studies predict that the use of mobile devices (i.e., smartphones and tablets) will soon surpass desktop computer use and then far exceed it, reports Technorati.
- eCommerce is quickly recovering from the recession. Talk about recessions and stagnation may have dominated the headlines in recent years. However, eCommerce has actually increased by 42% over the past four years, according to Technorati.
- All your competitors are doing it. Take a look at what your competitors and the big stores are doing. They probably already have apps set up, along with mobile-friendly websites. Even if you provide a superior product, this message may be lost if your potential customers are unaware of what you offer.
Follow FindLaw for Consumers on Google+ by clicking here.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.