Mobile Web Marketing Can Connect You With More Clients
You know how connected you are to your mobile device. And the same can be said for most of the people you see with an iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, or other device. That's why mobile web marketing is so important and cannot be ignored, even for businesses like law firms.
But with new devices come new marketing strategies. The same tactics that work for television commercials and print ads may not necessarily work with mobile marketing. After all, you're dealing with a much smaller attention span -- not to mention a much smaller visible viewing area.
As you think about your mobile web marketing strategy, here are some strategies to consider in connecting with your potential mobile customer base:
- Identify with the mobile consumer. Think about someone on their mobile device and you're likely picturing someone walking, waiting in line, or sitting in traffic. What all these people have in common is that they're usually multi-tasking and oftentimes on the move. So their attention span may be close to zero, and they likely have no tolerance for slow load times.
- Take a look at your site's mobile visitors. Examine your site visitors' behavior using a program that analyzes your website's daily and hourly traffic. Some things to pay attention to include how long visitors stay on your site, what pages they visit, and what time of the day they visited.
- Take an honest look at your own site. Take a good look at your site using a mobile device and ask yourself whether you are happy with your experience. Consider the look and feel of the site on the mobile device, the load time, and whether the design suitable for a smaller screen.
- Think mobile first. By some estimates, up to 90 percent of all U.S. websites are not mobile-ready. This figure is startling given how rapidly mobile usage and search have grown, and remarkable considering that optimizing for mobile isn't all that complicated. The process may just involve stripping away nonessential elements, placing your firm's key information on a single page, and providing user-friendly "tap-to-call" and "tap-to-email" buttons.
If you would like to learn more about mobile marketing for your firm or how FindLaw can help with mobile website solutions, please contact us for a free legal marketing consultation.
Follow us on Google+ by clicking here.
- Product Spotlight: Firmsite Mobile Uses Responsive Design (The Official FindLaw Blog)
- ABA Approves Ethics Rule Changes on Online Marketing (FindLaw's Strategist)
- How Not to Be a Laughing Stock: 3 Dos and Don'ts for a Lawyer's TV Ad (FindLaw's Strategist)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.