Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Pittsburgh's Jabaal Sheard Arrested for Assault

By Jason Beahm | Last updated on

Pittsburgh defensive end Jaball Sheard turned an early morning trip to an art gallery into a bit of live performance art and wound up under arrest. Sheard was visiting La Fond Galleries when he allegedly got into an altercation with another man and threw him through a glass door and continued attacking him, even after police officers tried to restrain him. He was pepper sprayed and eventually subdued. Sheard has been charged with resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, felony aggravated assault and criminal mischief, reports.

The arresting officer, Garrett Brown detailed the incident in his criminal complaint. Allegedly, Sheard grabbed a 27-year old man by his clothes, punched him in the face multiple times and threw him out a glass door of La Fond Galleries on East Carson Street. The motive for the attack was not listed. Brown further detailed that the officers used police batons and aerosol pepper spray to stop Sheard's attack.

The 6-4, 260 pound football player from Hollywood Hills, Florida, has been suspended from the team indefinitely. He is 21 years old and was beginning his third season at Pitt. He started all 13 games last season and had five sacks.

The University of Pittsburgh athletic department released a statement on the incident and suspension: "We are in the midst of gathering information on a weekend incident involving Jabaal Sheard. While we conduct our own investigation of the matter, Jabaal has been indefinitely suspended from team activities."

Police said that charges are possible against the other man, although the details are unclear.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard