Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Raheem Brock Arrested: Ex-Colt DE Skips Out on $27 Bar Tab?

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. on June 17, 2011 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

It looks like the lockout is taking its toll on ex-Colts defensive end and current NFL free agent Raheem Brock.

Arrested in Philadelphia on Friday, he's been charged with theft of services and resisting arrest.

His crime? He allegedly skipped out on paying a $27 bill.

Didn't he sign a $23.6 million contract in 2006?

According to a waitress at Philadelphia's Copacabana, Brock and two guests were at the restaurant Friday afternoon when a woman he was with became upset that an item wasn't on the menu.

She then purchased the item and brought it back into the restaurant, reports

After the entitled woman refused to put the outside food away, the group was asked to leave, but failed to pay the $27 tab for their drinks before they left.

When police found Raheem Brock and company nearby, The Indianapolis Star reports that an alleged scuffle ensued, leading to his arrest.

There's a few lessons here, and though they may not be readily apparent, they go something like this:

  • Restaurants can and will kick you out for bringing in outside food;
  • If you're too cheap to pay your drink bill, then stick to water;
  • And for heaven's sake, don't scuffle with the cops over $27--it'll cost you a lot more in the long run.

Speaking to this last bit of advice, what's in store for Raheem Brock?

Arrested primarily for resisting arrest, he is now facing a fine of at least $500 and a prison term of up to 2 years. Theft of services of less than $50 is merely a summary offense, usually punished by a fine.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard