How to Find the Best Keyboard for Your iPad
An iPad is a great tool for any lawyer on the go because of its lightness and portability. But its lack of keyboard is a big disadvantage.
There are a lot of times when you need a real keyboard to get your work done. Everything from email to drafting motions is easier if you have actual keys to type on. But if you can find a way around that, iPads and tablets allow you to work anywhere.
Instead of muddling through, get a keyboard for your iPad. Not sure which one you need? We can help with that.
- Best for easy typing: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. If you're looking for a great keyboard that makes you iPad more functional, this is the one for you. The keys are large and the setup is like what you find on a laptop. While the case isn't especially protective it has a groove to allow the iPad to stand up.
- Best protective keyboard case: Clam Case. This heavy and durable cover also includes a keyboard that works pretty well. The keys aren't as large as some other models and the board doesn't have as many functions, but it will keep your iPad safe and make it much more practical
- Best compromise between protection and portability: Zagg Zaggfolio. The Zaggfolio isn't as sturdy as the Clam and it's not quite as light as the Logitech model. But this flexible and protective cover is a great mix of good protection and good keyboard.
- Best bargain case: Aluminum Keyboard Buddy Case for iPad 2. Keyboard cases can be expensive but this model is less than half the price of most others. It's very lightweight and can tip if the iPad is set up in portrait style which makes a bad choice for commuting. But if you're working on a sturdy surface and a tight budget, this could be the perfect option.
- Best standalone keyboard: Logitech Tablet Keyboard For iPad. This is one for people looking for a keyboard but who don't need an iPad case. The board is lightweight and the cover for it doubles as a stand for your iPad. In a pinch you could also use the Apple wireless keyboard that comes standard with any iMac. It doesn't have a stand but your iPad case may come with one anyway.
Making your iPad more functional by adding a real keyboard can save you time and allow you to get more done. That's something any lawyer could use.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.