Illinois Small Claims Courts
In Illinois, Rules 281 to 289 of the Illinois Supreme Court Rules hold that the County Circuit Court processes small claims of $5,000 or less; in Cook County the Pro Se Court has a limit of $1,500. The parties are not required to have lawyers but may choose to have one.
- Court Proceedings: Self Help packets From the Self Help Legal Center of Southern Illinois.
- Illinois Counties
- Jackson County Small Claim Procedure Rules of the court from the Clerk of the Jackson County 1st Judicial District Court
- Macon County Small Claims Court Rules Rules governing procedures for small claims in the 6th Judicial District.
- Sangamon County Civil Division | Small Claims Court Manual [PDF] From the 7th Judicial Circuit Court.
- Citizens Guide to Small Claims Court | Small Claims form [PDF] From the 8th Judicial Circuit Court Clerk.
- Ogle County Small Claims Booklet | in PDF From the 15th Judicial District Ogle County Court Clerk.
- Small Claims Court Information Procedures for filing and responding in the 18th Judicial District. Published by the DuPage County Bar Association.
- Lake County Small Claims Self-Representation Section. Explains Small Claims Court in Lake County, from the 19th Judicial Circuit
- Illinois Supreme Court Rules - Article 2 From the Supreme Court of Illinois. Includes Rules 281-289 governing small claims actions.
Last updated on 12/23/08
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.