Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues
For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

Louisiana Small Claims Courts

In Louisiana, the City Court hears small claims actions, as set out in R.S. 13.5201. Some eviction cases are heard in small claims court, if the rent at issue is sufficiently small. Amounts at issue are limited to $3,000 ($2,000 for movable property).


Last updated on 07/09/07

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Find a Lawyer

More Options