Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Military Personnel Housing and Employment Rights

Being in the military brings a special set of challenges for active duty service members and their families, especially during times of overseas deployments. However, service members in the Reserves and National Guard also have their own unique set of challenges. In addition to their military obligations they also often have full-time civilian jobs and families that are much more settled. So when a service member in the Reserves or National Guard is temporarily mobilized or deployed on active duty status, their families often have to deal with important questions, involving everything from what to do about their civilian jobs to whether they need to sell their house or prematurely break a lease.  Fortunately, many of these questions have clear answers as there are federal and state laws that provide significant protections for service members transitioning to full-time active duty status. This section will provide you with an overview of those protections and what steps you can take to utilize them.

Learn About Military Housing and Employment Rights

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options