Selling a Home - The Basics
Selling a home is hard, time-consuming work. It also can be quite stressful, but getting prepared before you put your home on the market is key to a relatively smooth process. Click on the links below for basic information on selling a home, tips on working with real estate agents, and more.
Home Selling Basics:
- Selling Your Home: Overview - a step-by-step guide that shows you how to sell your home.
- Selling Your House FAQ - common questions that frequently arise when selling a home.
Selling a Home - Key Issues:
- The Home Sale Tax Exemption - provides details on tax exemptions available when you sell your home.
- Alternatives to Selling: Benefits to Becoming a Landlord - instead of selling your home, consider keeping it and becoming a landlord. (FindLaw's "Landlords" Section)
- Sell Your Home and Buy Another - tips on how to avoid paying for overlapping mortgages.
Working with Real Estate Agents to Sell Your Home:
- Selling Your Home -- Do You Need a Real Estate Agent - describes factors to consider when considering selling your home by yourself.
- Top 10 Reasons to Have a Real Estate Agent Help You Sell Your Home - lists the reasons why you should consider using a real estate agent when listing your home.
- Interview with Real Estate Brokers - provides questions to ask while you're shopping around for a real estate agent.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.