Hiring Legal Help
We make business formation EASY. Learn about our DIY business formation services here.
Starting a Business: Do You Need Legal Help?
If you are thinking about starting a small business, or if you've already taken steps toward your new business's first day of operation, you might want to consult an experienced small business attorney for assistance with the start-up process. Any person, partnership, or business group seeking to embark on a new business venture should discuss the specifics of their situation with a small business attorney, to ensure that all legal bases are covered, and that the new business has the best possible chance for success.
How a Small Business Attorney Can Help
Whether you are starting a business as a sole proprietor, as a member of a partnership, or as a new corporation, a business law attorney can assist you at every step of the process, to help your business open its doors and succeed.
No matter what type of business start-up issue you face, a business attorney can help you find the right solution for your new business, including:
- Choosing the right business structure for your needs (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, etc.);
- Finding sources of capital and applying for a loan;
- Purchasing an existing business or franchise;
- Drafting and filing business registration and business name paperwork;
- Negotiating property purchase or commercial lease agreements;
- Securing necessary permits and licenses from local, state, and federal government;
- Complying with local, state, and federal tax obligations;
- Drafting and/or reviewing employment policies and contracts for potential employees;
- Helping you understand the intellectual property rights and obligations of your business.
Finding a Small Business Attorney
To find a small business lawyer or law firm to help you with any and all aspects of the business start-up process, use the West Legal Directory. To get started, go to the "Find a Lawyer" box near the upper left corner of this page. You can also find a business law attorney near you here.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.