Starting a Business: Get Help Now
Starting a business is a complex process that requires hard work and a broad skill set. But entrepreneurs typically need outside professional help with at least some aspects of their operation, including legal matters. Small business attorneys can help you choose the right business structure, apply for a loan, draft and file your business registration paperwok, negotiate a lease agreement, comply with tax obligations, understand labor law requirements and more. The following resources will help you determine your legal needs and better understand the process of hiring a business lawyer.
- Hiring Legal Help When Starting a Business - Overview of how a small business attorney can help you.
- Find a Business Lawyer in Your Area - Search by city, county, metropolitan area or state.
- Hiring a Business & Commercial Law Attorney - When and how to hire a business attorney.
More Information on Hiring a Lawyer:
- Fee Agreements - Basics of estimated costs, basic charges and fee arrangements with attorneys.
- Types of Legal Fees - Overview of common fee arrangments, such as retainer fees and an hourly rate.
- Types of Legal Costs - Explanation of the different types of billable legal costs.
- Reducing Your Costs and Expenses - Various ways you can lower your legal bill.
You may also find helpful information in the Start-Up Toolkit.