Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer

Indiana Voting Guide

Welcome to FindLaw's Indiana Voter Guide. Here, we will answer questions about your eligibility to vote, voter registration, absentee ballots, how to find your polling place, what to bring to the polls, accommodations, and what to do if you see illegal activity at the polls.

Am I eligible to vote in Indiana?

To vote in Indiana elections, you must be:

  • A citizen of the United States
  • An Indiana resident who has lived in the precinct where you intend to vote for at least 30 days
  • At least 18 years old on Election Day

Convicted felons in Indiana have their voting rights restored automatically once their sentence is served.


Where Do I Vote?

The Indiana Secretary of State's office offers a guide to polling places in the state. Polls are open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Election Day.

How to Register in Indiana

There are several ways to register to vote in Indiana. This includes registering:

In Person

Apply in locations like your county's voter registration office, county clerk's office, or public assistance office.


Complete online registration on the Secretary of State's website. You must provide an ID to register.

At the DMV

Register at a Bureau of Motor Vehicles office if you're doing business there, such as obtaining a driver's license.

By Mail

You can download a form to fill in and sign, which you'll then mail to your county election officer.

Indiana Voting Resources

Your vote counts. Take the time to learn how and when to vote.


You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Protect Your Voting Rights

Contact a qualified attorney if you suspect your rights have been violated.

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options