Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer

Kentucky Voting Guide

Find answers to your questions about voting in the next Kentucky election in FindLaw's Kentucky Voter Guide. On this page, you will find information about voter eligibility, the voter registration process and deadlines, what you will need to bring to the polls for identification, absentee voting, and special accommodations for voters with disabilities.

Welcome to FindLaw's Kentucky Voter Guide. Here, we will answer questions about your eligibility to vote, voter registration, absentee ballots, how to find your polling place, what to bring to the polls, accommodations, and what to do if you see illegal activity at the polls.

Am I eligible to vote in Kentucky?

To vote in Kentucky elections, you must be:

  • a citizen of the United States
  • a Kentucky resident for at least 28 days
  • a least 18 years old on Election Day

You may not vote if your voting rights were removed after having been judged mentally incompetent. Convicted felons in Kentucky need to have their civil rights restored before voting.


Where Do I Vote?

The Kentucky Board of Elections office offers this guide to polling places in the state.

How to Register in Kentucky

There are several ways to register to vote in Kentucky. This includes registering:

In Person

You can find application forms available at your county clerk's office.


Kentucky offers online registration via the Secretary of State's website.

IDs at DMV

You must provide ID when registering online. Update any change of address at the DMV.

By Mail

Download a form to complete and sign, which you'll then mail to your county clerk's office.

Kentucky Voting Resources

Your vote counts. Take the time to learn how and when to vote.


You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Protect Your Voting Rights

Contact a qualified attorney if you suspect your rights have been violated.

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options