Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Hire a Lawyer: Practice Area Directory

If you need to hire a lawyer for a civil or criminal case, or for a legal process such as adoption or naturalization, it helps to understand the practice area of your given issue. For instance, personal injury lawyers handle slip-and-fall lawsuits and employment attorneys may work with either employees or employers. To find an attorney near you, select the appropriate practice area below:

Accidents & Injuries Estate Planning
Adoption Family Law
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) General Litigation
Bankruptcy Health Care
Business Home Ownership
Car Accidents Immigration & Citizenship
Child Support Insurance
Consumer Protection Landlords' Rights & Responsibilities
Criminal Law Marriage & Living Together
Child Custody & Visitation Medical Malpractice
Dangerous Products Money Matters
Debtor / Creditor Probate
Divorce & Separation Real Estate & Home Ownership
DUI / DWI Retirement
Elder Law Taxes
Employees' Rights Tenants' Rights
Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to make sure your rights and interests get protected.

Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Case

You want a lawyer who:

  • Is experienced in your type of case
  • Knows your state’s laws
  • Understands your goals
  • Is on your side

FindLaw makes it easy to find the right attorney for you! Search our attorney lists by location and topic.


 Find your lawyer now.

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options