Personal Injury Forms
Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last reviewed November 29, 2018
When you work with a personal injury lawyer, you will be required to fill out numerous forms and provide certain medical and personal information, such as past hospitalizations and specific effects of the injuries. The most common is the "intake form" typically given at your first attorney meeting, which starts the information-gathering process and helps the attorney decide how to proceed with your claim. Additionally, you will be required to fill out a billing agreement with your lawyer.
Getting started early will help you save time (and billable hours), while helping your attorney prepare your claim in the most efficient and comprehensive manner possible. The following sample intake forms, worksheets, questionnaires, and other materials will help you get organized and better informed before you step foot in a lawyer's office.
See FindLaw's Accident and Injury Law section for more articles and resources.
Accident and Injury Law Forms
- Documents To Show Your Attorney: Illness & Hospitalization - When meeting with your attorney to discuss a medical malpractice case or a claim against a health care provider, you may be asked to provide some or all of the information described on this list.
- Checklist: Information and Documents to Collect for Your Lawyer after an Injury - This checklist of documents and other important information that may be relevant to your injury case and requested by your attorney will help you and your attorney get organized.
- Sample Form: Retainer and Contingency Agreement For a Personal Injury Case - Your attorney will ask you to sign a fee agreement after you agree to work together; this sample retainer and contingency agreement will help you know what to expect.
- Sample Form: Medical Records Release - In order to assess your legal claim, you will probably need to release your medical records to your attorney for review.
- Intake Form: Airline Personal Injuries - Sample intake form for claims involving injuries or deaths on airplanes, with spaces for additional questions you may have for your attorney (print this form and fill out before your first meeting).
- Intake Form: Defamation or Slander - Sample intake form specific to defamation claims, which include libel (written defamation) and slander (spoken or broadcast defamation).
- Intake Form: Illness & Hospitalization - If your claim is related to a medical issue, filling out this form will help your attorney better prepare your case.
- Intake Questionnaire: Injury - A sample attorney intake form for general injury claims, such as car accidents, assault and battery, slip and fall accidents, and medical malpractice.
- Intake Form: Invasion of Privacy - Invasion of privacy claims are notoriously difficult to prove, but this intake form will help you organize your thoughts and gather the pertinent information.
- Quiz: Emotional Distress - Emotional distress means different things to different people, but this quiz will help you learn what emotional distress means from a liability standpoint.
- Worksheet: Damage Estimate - Worksheet to help you list and tabulate the actual damages you may claim for an injury claim, including immediate medical costs and future expenditures.
- Questionnaire: When You Are Injured By a Defective Product - Questionnaire to help you organize your thoughts before filing a defective product claim.
Contact a Legal Professional About Your Personal Injury Claim
If you're considering filing a personal injury lawsuit, you may need the help of a legal professional. An attorney who specializes in handling accident and injury cases will be able to explain how the law may apply to your particular circumstances and file the appropriate personal injury forms. Get in touch with a local injury law attorney today.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.