Top 10 Legally Challenged Celebs of the Year So Far
Celebrities in legal trouble are all the rage these days. Whether a nasty divorce, an embarrassing DUI, or anything Mel Gibson, the escapades of some stars provide more than juicy gossip, but can also serve as a window into the legal system (kinda).
Here are some celebrities that have an easier time getting into legal trouble than getting a role, a nomination, or a hole in one....
- Lindsay Lohan - No discussion of celebrities in legal trouble would be complete without dissecting the life and times of the once raven-haired Disney star. Her top lessons: it's always a safer bet to go with french-tip manicure for court, you need to pay for the clothes you take from a boutique, and tweeting is the best way to communicate with your parents.
- Michael Jackson - in death, as in life, the king of pop always knew how to make an interesting headline.
- Tiger Woods - thank you for teaching us that infidelity means countless press conferences with celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, golf clubs serve a dual-purpose, and all about your $750 million mistakes.
- Roman Polanski - The American justice system does not apply everywhere.
- Paris Hilton - the Heiress showed us how a trip to the world cup, or a bad hair day can turn into legal landmines.
- John Edwards - in the world of political celebrities, John Edwards made quite the name for himself, and also a child, and a video.
- The couple formerly known as Speidi - always looking for a chance at the spotlight, this couple had a busy year filing for separation, divorce, and interviewing with celebrity outlets every step of the way.
- The Cast of the Jersey Shore - fist pumps, tanning, Jacuzzis, and drinking are not the only things this reality television cast is good for. We also learned about disorderly conduct, on-air fighting, and strikes. Can't wait for season two!
- Lil Wayne - what a bad year, but good dental work looks like.
- Mel Gibson - saving the best (or worst) for last, Mel Gibson's legal career is arguably bigger than his acting career ever was. Baby momma drama ranging from restraining orders to assault to incriminating audio tapes, has made him the poster boy for what not to do.
Celebrity Justice is a blog dedicated to the intersection of celebrities and the law. Special thanks to all the legally challenged celebs listed above for crashing head-on into the legal system and providing the public with a range of life and legal lessons.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.