Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
We have an entire blog devoted to legally weird stories. So you know that a legal story must be really weird to crack our list of the Top 10 most legally weird stories of 2012.
We covered some weird lawsuits, of course, but we also wrote about some weird law-enforcement officers and even a Red Lobster restaurant with some of the worst customers in the world. So without further ado, here is our Top 10 list for 2012:
- Burglary Suspect Sues Homeowner for Shooting Back: A suspected burglar tried to rob, shoot, and kill his victim. He failed. When the homeowner shot back, the burglar filed a lawsuit for being negligently shot at.
- Man Dies During Threesome, Family Wins $3M for Medical Malpractice: Except for the dying part, some may consider this guy to be the luckiest man in the world. His family filed the lawsuit on the premise that the man's doctor failed to warn the man, who had complained of chest pains, not to engage in physical activity prior to a medical test the next day.
- Cop Tasers Boy, 10, for Not Washing Patrol Car on Career Day: A cop asked a group of students if they wanted to clean his car. One boy piped up and said "no." The cop responded with, "let me show you what happens to people who do not listen to the police."
- 3 Women Attack Red Lobster Waitress for Filling Water Too Fast: Personally, I get annoyed when a waiter forgets to fill my water glass. But three women in suburban St. Louis had a different opinion as they reportedly threw a water glass at an overly attentive waitress and then proceeded to beat her with their hands and a Red Lobster menu. And it wasn't the first such attack at this particular Red Lobster, either.
- Did Drugs Make Rudy Eugene Chew on a Naked Miami Man's Face?: Turns out there were no bath salts in Rudy Eugene's system, as originally suspected, when he chewed off part of a homeless man's face. But the bizarre attack stirred up a lot of buzz about the designer drugs.
- Jury Shown Video of TX Teacher's Group Sex With Students: So maybe jury duty isn't so bad after all?
- Boy, 11, Pees on $36,000 Worth of MacBooks: This elementary student unleashed his bladder on dozens of MacBook computers at a Pennsylvania school. Somewhere, Bill Gates smiled.
- Abercrombie Model Forced to Masturbate Before Photo Shoot: Lawsuit: Ever wondered why Abercrombie & Fitch models have "that look" on their faces? According to one male model, it's because he was forced to masturbate before a photo shoot.
- Bohemian Rhapsody DUI: Man Serenades Cops in Police Car: A drunken Canadian crooner sang this classic Queen hit as he was getting busted for a DUI. Fortunately, it was all caught on camera.
- Man Leaves Pit Bull to Babysit 10-Month-Old: Cops: Boyfriend tells girlfriend he will babysit the baby. Boyfriend goes out to get drunk instead. Who watches the baby? Why the pet pit bull of course.
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Sign into your Legal Forms and Services account to manage your estate planning documents.Sign In
Create an account allows to take advantage of these benefits: