3 Ways to Help Your Startup Succeed
The number of startups has been steadily increasing, with 2010 boasting a 15-year high with 565,000 new startups each month.
Experts pin the growth on unemployment and dissatisfaction, but, according to CNN Money, experts also caution that starting a business out of desperation is not the right path to startup success.
Even if a lack of contentment is behind your startup, that doesn't mean you can't be successful in your venture. Here are a few tips to make this happen.
1. Be clear about your goals. Startup success stories are often borne out of clearly articulated goals. Not only does an affirmative goal help you pitch your idea to investors, it will help you make tough decisions that stay true to your intentions and keep you on the right path.
2. Build customer relationships. Horrible customer service can ruin an amazing product. Startup success requires that you understand your customers' needs and that you be available should anything go wrong. A customer who feels taken care of is more likely to recommend your product, pushing you on the path towards startup success.
3. Get help. You may be fine without employees, but just like the rest of us, you don't know everything there is to know about running a business. In fact, most startup success stories involve people who only knew their product and nothing else.
It's therefore important to find people who can help you with legal issues, business management, and even technical problems. You can hire contractors or seek out mentors--either will be valuable.
- Start-Up America: 6 Secrets To Startup Success (Forbes)
- Starting a Business (FindLaw)
- Starting a Business: Forms and Contracts (FindLaw)
- Starting a Business - Legal FAQs (FindLaw)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.