Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Does Your Law Firm Need an 'Infant on Board' Program?

By William Vogeler, Esq. | Last updated on

A "Baby on Board" sign outside a law firm does not mean rookie lawyers are inside.

That would be the "Children at Play" sign. Just kidding, new lawyers don't have time to play anyway.

Seriously, there are attorneys who have lowered the age for take-your-kid-to-work day. They call it the "Infant-at-Work" program.

Infant at Work

Freedom Law, a small, woman-owned firm, says employees may take their babies to work until they are six months old. After that, they have to go on the payroll.

Just kidding -- again. It's just so easy, like taking candy from a ... never mind.

Actually, it's not easy being a working parent. That's why the law firm takes babies on board.

"As a mom myself, I understand the connection a parent has with their child, especially in those all-important early months," said principal attorney Charissa Potts.

It's Still Work

The program requires parents to make their workstation "suitable and safe for the baby," and to ensure it "does not create office disturbances." (Noise-cancelling headphones anybody?)

Carolyn Elefant, a popular lawyer/blogger, thinks it's a great idea. She says it's better than telecommuting for many working parents.

"Because when you walk into a law firm with toys strewn in a workstation and moms and dads cradling a baby while talking to a client on the phone or tapping out a brief, you know that this is a firm that goes to the mat for its employees and will do the same for its clients," she says.

Yeah, but babies are cute. Wait until they become teenagers.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard