Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Titans Receiver Kenny Britt Arrested: Tried to Outrun Police

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. | Last updated on

Being busted for marijuana possession isn't much more than a low-level misdemeanor in most of the country.

But don't tell that to Tennessee Titans WR Kenny Britt--he's now being charged with three crimes--including a felony--after evading police to protect his marijuana-toting passenger.

One would imagine it would make him feel stupid.

According to police, Bayonne, New Jersey officers attempted to pull over Britt for going over 70 mph in a 50 mph zone, reports USA Today.

Aware of his passenger's drug situation, Britt sped off, eventually turning into a side street where the Daily News reports he tried to walk away from the car and claimed that he wasn't behind the wheel.

Kenny Britt was subsequently arrested and charged with eluding an officer, lying to an officer and obstruction. His passenger was also charged with marijuana possession.

Eluding an officer is a class-three felony in New Jersey. Given some of his recent trouble with the law (barroom brawls, theft by deception, outstanding traffic tickets) he might find himself behind bars for the next 1 to 5 NFL seasons.

That is, if the league ever decides to end the lockout.

Speaking of which, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell apparently intends to enforce the league's personal conduct policy even during the lockout, according to USA Today.

Given the proclivities of athletes with too much time on their hands and too much money, one could only guess that the league stands to make a lot of money off of fines this year.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard