Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Massachusetts Small Claims Courts

In Massachusetts, Laws of Massachusetts, Part 1, Title 15, Ch. 93A, Section 9 holds that small claims are heard in every District Court, in every Housing Court and at the Boston Municipal Court. Small claim actions are limited to disputes under $2,000.

  • Consumer Guide to Small Claims Court in Massachusetts Description of procedures and address directory of small claims courts throughout the state offered by the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation.
  • Small Claims Court From the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Provides information about the small claims court, selecting the appropriate court, filing your claim and more.
  • Small Claims Advisory Service Service for low-income consumers, tenants, and members of our community. The site offers forms to download, a procedure manual, and describes how to schedule an appointment. Sponsored by Harvard College, but you do not have to be a student to use the service.

Last updated on 07/09/07

Was this helpful?

Response sent, thank you

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options