Michigan Small Claims Courts
Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last reviewed June 20, 2016
This article has been written and reviewed for legal accuracy, clarity, and style by FindLaw’s team of legal writers and attorneys and in accordance with our editorial standards.
The last updated date refers to the last time this article was reviewed by FindLaw or one of our contributing authors. We make every effort to keep our articles updated. For information regarding a specific legal issue affecting you, please contact an attorney in your area.
In Michigan, you can sue for up to $3,000 in the Small Claims Division of the District Court, per Section 600.8401.
- Small Claims - Self Help Overview from the Michigan Courts.
- Michigan Tax Tribunal: Small Claims Division From the Michigan State Department of Consumer and Industry Services.
- Trial Courts
- Calhoun County Small Claims Court Basic information on procedures.
- Ingham County Small Claims Court General information on procedures and who can sue and be sued from the 55th District Court of Michigan.
- Lapeer County District Court Information on how to sue someone in small claims court.
- Sixty Eighth District Court Small Claims Information, including filing fee information, located in Flint.
- Small Claims Explanation of procedures from the 12th Judicial District Court.
- Small Claims in Washtenaw County Discusses what is a small claims lawsuit, where to file a small claims lawsuit and more.
Last updated on 12/23/08
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.