Tennessee Small Claims Courts
Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last reviewed June 20, 2016
In Tennessee, Statute 16-15-501 (Title 16, Ch. 15, Part 5, Section 501) aestablishes that the Court of General Sessions hears small claims actions involving disputes for $15,000 or less. In counties of 700,000 or more. people, the Court hears small claims disputes for up to $25,000. However, there is no dollar limit for cases involving unlawful detainer and the recovery of personal property.
- Tennessee Communities Links to counties and to cities, if available. From the State of Tennessee.
- Bradley County Court Info
- Knox County General Sessions Court
- Nashville and Davidson County General Sessions Court
- Shelby County General Sessions Court
- Wilson County General Sessions Court
Also, Tennessee County Web Sites From the County Technical Assistance Service.
- Guide to the Tennessee Courts [PDF] Includes information about the General Sessions Court.
Last updated on 05/19/11
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.