Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues
For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

Utah Small Claims Courts

In Utah, Utah Code Sect. 78A-8-102 establishes that small claim actions involving disputes under $7,500 be managed in accordance with the rules of the Supreme Court, which has tasked the small claims departments of the District Court with them. Each county has a District Court. Small claims are also sometimes handled in city and county Justice Courts, where the same rules apply.

Last updated on 12/23/08

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Find a Lawyer

More Options